5.3.08

Sometimes I write a chapter

This is a pretty nice cafe, its quiet and I haven't noticed the coffee taste awful. I hope you don't think I sound too pretentious, but I do enjoy the right setting, I'm sure you do as well, though our ideas may differ as to what that is.

"uhh, yeah, that is pretty cool."

Yep, the conversation is wavering, if conversation is easy I can tell I'm enjoying it, this seems a bit strained which means it has only two ways to go, stock questions about items that vaguely relate to us, or a push toward better understanding via unknown common ground.

"Its like how butterflies live in symbiosis with ants, fifty percent or more of all species at some stage in development." Lepidoptera, most everyone likes Lepidoptera in some sense, lets see what reaction I get.

"Really? That is amazing, isn't it great how insects interact with other species of insect, they seem so much better at preserving gene stock of their symbiotes than humans are."

Well, this is good, not only an analysis of the topic at hand, but an impressive background knowledge. We are lost in a world of insect symbiosis, genetic selectivity in codependent organisms and chaos theory.

"Butterflies live in symbiosis with humans, they are beautiful and we breed them to keep them around."

She must be joking, this is way too simplistic a notion given the context.

"Butterflies are to humans as parasitic wasps are to ants, spiders and cockroaches. As humans die from accidents, butterflies flap their wings in the amazon."

"Sounds practically causative!"

Yep, this conversation is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment