11.1.11

Brisbane learns to swim

West end, directly across the river from us has been evacuated. They are on the inside of the river's curve meaning less sediment, more erosion and hence a higher risk of flooding.

The city council are busy sticking fliers to cars recommending places not to park.

All the turkeys have left us, probably a wise move on their part.

Walking along the river I checked the mouths of the drains; they are all underwater. Since the water is still draining properly I am impressed at the feat of engineering that ensures water flows along the pressure gradient even while the mouth is a meter underwater. I appreciate shrinkers more, even as I still despise them.

The city cats have stopped running. The Guyatt park terminal is underwater and the path leading to it is lapped by waves.





Sarah is concerned, I am too fascinated to be so yet.

Constructing a lake or swimming pool.


A shortcut I usually take on evening walks is now a mite soggy


The university of Queensland is uncharacteristically clean




No comments:

Post a Comment