24.5.08

A G Major Girl

I'm pretty comfortable, standing with my feed a shoulder's width apart, my knees slightly bent, my saxophone in my mouth and my fingers ready. I look up to the horizon, closing my eyes and starting to play.

The expression, forms ideas, words, then sound, I feel myself letting everything listen hear how I feel; what is going on in my head. I don't mind if anything is listening, I'm used to talking to myself to improve what I say to others.

I listen to what I'm saying, It's a happy and peaceful sound, one content with life, with a full belly and a clear head. Everything is soft and easy, mellow in meaning and content.

A blue chord change occurs, I'm doing a few simple scales, thinking about contact. Missing a certain feeling, unsure whether I'd ever felt it but sure I was missing it. The song gets jerky and confusing, then wildly spirals up two octaves in fifths.

I open my eyes and see a movement, I finish on a fifth, leaving the note hanging for a second then pulling my mouth off the piece and looking to see who is there.

What a wonderful person! They want me to keep playing. I'm happy to be sharing my love of music and I feel like playing something a bit happier now.

1 comment: